Thursday, July 5, 2007

Capitalism... Is it working?

::: Transcribed from personal myspace blog account:::

I'm trying to figure out if Capitalism is truly the way to go. As an economist, I try to look at short term and long term effects of decisions. Capitalism, by nature, allows people to choose the best products, the most convienient prices, and adds to competition between suppliers of such products. With the competition comes better products and yet greater innovation, as the competition keeps trying to, "one up", eachother. In a perfectly competitive enviroment, the greatest market share will lead to the greatest revenue base to expand operations in order to increase it's R&D to advance their technological advantage over their competitor.

Okay, I'm done writing, I lost interest in this subject, but I have a whole theory on this if anyone likes to talk economics/politics

No comments:

Post a Comment